Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 835. Duties of the Council.
previous: Section 830
. Alaska Safety Advisory Council.
next: Section 840
. Finances of the Council.
AS 18.60.835. Duties of the Council.
The Alaska Safety Advisory Council shall
- (1) work in cooperation with official and unofficial organizations and instrumentalities in the state that are interested
in promotion of safety so that possible resources can be marshalled and used to reduce the menace of accidental death
- (2) coordinate with and make recommendations to
- (A) the Department of Labor and Workforce Development;
- (B) the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities;
- (C) the Department of Public Safety;
- (D) the Department of Education and Early Development;
- (E) the Department of Natural Resources;
- (F) the Department of Health and Social Services; and
- (G) heads or representatives of federal departments and agencies operating in the state that are particularly concerned
with safety programs and accident prevention;
- (3) make recommendations to the governor and the legislature on the achievement of a coordinated state policy and program
for the safety and health of residents of the state;
- (4) organize and hold an annual governor's safety conference to bring together citizens interested in safety and health
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.