Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 75. Safe employment
previous: Section 70
. Section 70. Use of Funds and Contributions.
next: Section 77
. Variance From a Standard.
AS 18.60.075. Safe employment.
- (a) An employer shall do everything necessary to protect the life, health, and safety of employees, including
(1) complying with all occupational safety and health standards and regulations adopted by the department;
(2) furnishing and prescribing the use of suitable protective equipment, safety devices, and safeguards as are prescribed for the work and workplace;
(3) adopting and prescribing control or technological procedures, and monitoring and measuring employee exposure in connection with hazards, as may be necessary for the protection of employees; and
(4) furnishing to each employee employment and a place of employment that are free from recognized hazards that, in the opinion of the commissioner, are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to the employees.
(b) An employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all regulations issued under AS 18.60.010 - 18.60.105 that are applicable to the employee's own actions and conduct.
(c) [Repealed, § 9 ch 72 SLA 1973.]
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.