Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 68. Posting of Information in Workplace.
previous: Section 67
. Information Provided On Employee's Request.
next: Section 70
. Use of Funds and Contributions.
AS 18.60.068. Posting of Information in Workplace.
- (a) The department shall print and make available to employers posters that contain notice of the provisions of this
chapter relating to toxic and hazardous substances and physical agents.
- (b) An employer whose employees are or may be exposed in the workplace to a toxic or hazardous substance or a physical
agent shall display the following information in a manner designed to notify the employees:
- (1) a poster printed by the department under (a) of this section; and
- (2) an OSHA form 20 or equivalent information for each toxic or hazardous substance and for each physical agent to which
an employee may be exposed in the workplace
- (A) under normal conditions of work; or
- (B) during a reasonably foreseeable emergency, including equipment failure and rupture of containers.
- (c) Instead of posting the information required under (b)(2) of this section, an employer may post a list of the chemical
name and product name of each toxic or hazardous substance and each physical agent to which an employee may be exposed
in the workplace, together with an identification of a location, in or near the workplace and accessible to employees,
where an employee may inspect the information listed under (b)(2) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.