Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 135. Loan Servicing Requirements.
previous: Section 130
next: Section 140
. Negotiable Instruments.
AS 18.56.135. Loan Servicing Requirements.
- (a) If the servicing of a loan is sold to another person, the seller shall notify the mortgagor of the sale within 10 days
after the actual date of the sale. The notification must include
- (1) the name, address, and telephone number of the person who will assume responsibility for the servicing and accept
payments for the loan;
- (2) a detailed written financial breakdown of the loan, including the interest rate, monthly payment amount, and current
- (b) The purchaser of loan servicing under (a) of this section shall
- (1) issue to the mortgagor corrected coupon or payment books, if used;
- (2) within 20 days after the due date of the first payment to be made to the purchaser,
- (A) notify the mortgagor of the name, address, and telephone number of the person from whom the mortgagor can receive
information regarding the servicing of the loan;
- (B) inform the mortgagor of changes made regarding the loan escrow account or servicing requirements, including the
interest rate, monthly payment amount, and current escrow balance.
- (c) A loan servicing agent shall respond within 15 business days to a written request for information from the mortgagor.
The written response must include the telephone number of the agent's representative who can assist the mortgagor.
- (d) If a mortgagor of a loan is required to maintain funds in an escrow account to cover the payment of the tax or
insurance obligations for the mortgaged property, the loan servicing agent shall make each tax or insurance payment in
a timely manner as the obligations become due if the funds in the account are sufficient to cover the payment. If the
funds in the account are insufficient to make the payment, the loan servicing agent shall promptly notify the mortgagor
of the shortage and may make the payment on behalf of the mortgagor.
- (e) In this section,
- (1) "loan" means a mortgage loan purchased by the corporation under a residential housing loan program authorized by this
- (2) "loan servicing agent" means an institution other than the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation that services a loan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.