Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 200. Additional Powers to Secure Bonds or Obligations Under Leases.
previous: Section 190
. Maximum Interest Rate. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 52 SLA 1977].
next: Section 210
. Right of Obligee of Corporation to Bring Action.
AS 18.55.200. Additional Powers to Secure Bonds or Obligations Under Leases.
When authorized by AS 18.55.100
- 18.55.290, in connection with the issuance of bonds
or the incurring of obligations under leases and in order to secure the payment of bonds or lease obligations, the
corporation, in addition to its other powers, may
- (1) pledge all or a part of its gross or net rents, fees, or revenues to which its right exists or may exist;
- (2) mortgage all or a part of its real or personal property, owned or later acquired;
- (3) covenant against pledging all or a part of its rents, fees, and revenues, or against mortgaging all or a part of its
real or personal property, to which its right or title exists or may come into existence or against permitting or
suffering any lien on the revenues or property;
- (4) covenant with respect to limitations on its right to sell, lease, or otherwise dispose of a housing or public building
project or a part of a housing or public building project;
- (5) covenant as to what other, or additional debts or obligations may be incurred by it;
- (6) covenant as to the bonds to be issued and as to the issuance of the bonds in escrow or otherwise, and as to the use
and disposition of the proceeds of bonds;
- (7) provide for the replacement of lost, destroyed, or mutilated bonds;
- (8) covenant against extending the time for the payment of its bonds or interest on the bonds;
- (9) redeem the bonds, and covenant for their redemption and to provide the terms and conditions of redemption;
- (10) covenant subject to the limitations contained in AS 18.55.100
- 18.55.290 as to the rents and fees to be charged in
the operation of a housing or public building project, the amount to be raised each year or other period of time by
rents, fees, and other revenues, and as to the use and disposition of these revenues;
- (11) create or authorize the creation of special funds for money held for construction or operating costs, debt service,
reserves, or other purposes, and covenant as to the use and disposition of this money;
- (12) prescribe the procedure by which the terms of a contract with bondholders may be amended or abrogated, the amount of
bonds the holders of which must consent thereto and the manner in which the consent may be given;
- (13) covenant as to the rights, liabilities, powers, and duties arising upon the breach by it of a covenant, condition, or
obligation, and covenant and prescribe as to events of default and terms and conditions upon which any or all of its
bonds or obligations shall become or may be declared due before maturity, and covenant as to the terms and conditions
upon which this declaration and its consequences may be waived;
- (14) vest in a trustee or trustees or the holders of bonds or a specified proportion of them, the right to enforce the
payment of the bonds or covenants securing or relating to the bonds;
- (15) vest in one or more trustees the right, in the event of a default by the corporation, to take possession of a housing
or public building project or a part of the project, and so long as the corporation continues in default to retain
possession and to use, operate, and manage the project, and to collect the rents and revenues from the project, and to
dispose of the money according to the agreement between the corporation and the trustees;
- (16) provide for the powers and duties of the trustees, and limit the liability of the trustees; and
- (17) provide the terms and conditions upon which the trustee or trustees or the holders of bonds, or portions of bonds, may
enforce a covenant or right securing or relating to the bonds.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.