Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 45. Atomic Energy
- Section 25. Facilities Siting Permit Required.
previous: Section 20
. United States Licenses or Permits Required.
next: Section 27
. Transportation of Nuclear Waste Material.
AS 18.45.025. Facilities Siting Permit Required.
- (a) A person may not construct a nuclear fuel production facility, utilization facility, reprocessing facility, or nuclear
waste disposal facility in the state without first obtaining a permit from the Department of Environmental Conservation
to construct the facility on land designated by the legislature under (b) of this section.
- (b) The legislature shall designate by law the land in the state on which a nuclear fuel production, nuclear utilization,
nuclear reprocessing, or nuclear waste disposal facility may be located. In designating the land in the state on which
a nuclear fuel production, nuclear utilization, nuclear reprocessing, or nuclear waste disposal facility may be
located, the legislature shall act to protect the public health and safety.
- (c) The Department of Environmental Conservation shall adopt regulations governing the issuance of permits required by (a)
of this section. However, a permit may not be issued until
- (1) [Repealed, Sec. 1 ch 93 SLA 1981].
- (2) the municipality with jurisdiction over the proposed facility site has approved the permit; and
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 1 ch 93 SLA 1981].
- (4) the governor has approved the permit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.