Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 35. Public Accommodations and Facilities
- Section 340. Civil Complaints; Penalties.
previous: Section 330
. Display of Smoking and No Smoking Signs.
next: Section 341
. Citations; Penalty.
AS 18.35.340. Civil Complaints; Penalties.
- (a) The commissioner shall develop and maintain a procedure for processing reports of violations of AS 18.35.300
, 18.35.305, and 18.35.330.
- (b) If, after investigating a report made under this section, the commissioner determines that a violation has occurred,
(1) the commissioner may file a civil complaint in the district court to enforce the provisions of AS 18.35.300
- 18.35.365; or (2) an employee of the department
designated by the commissioner to enforce the provisions of AS 18.35.300
- 18.35.365 may issue a citation under AS 18.35.341(b). If an employee of the department issues a
citation, the violation shall be processed and disposed of under AS 18.35.341
- (c) A person who violates AS 18.35.300
or 18.35.305 and against whom the commissioner has
filed a civil complaint under this section is punishable by a civil fine of not less than $10 nor more than $50. A
person who violates AS 18.35.330 and against whom the
commissioner has filed a civil complaint under this section is punishable by a civil fine of not less than $20 nor more
than $300. Each day a violation of AS 18.35.330
continues after a civil complaint for the violation has been filed and served on the defendant constitutes a separate
- (d) The department may provide for the payment of civil fines under this section by mail.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.