Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 35. Public Accommodations and Facilities
- Section 330. Display of Smoking and No Smoking Signs.
previous: Section 320
. Designation of Smoking Sections.
next: Section 340
. Civil Complaints; Penalties.
AS 18.35.330. Display of Smoking and No Smoking Signs.
- (a) A person in charge of a place or vehicle described in AS 18.35.300
or 18.35.305, except a limousine for hire or taxicab,
shall conspicuously display in the place or vehicle a sign that reads "Smoking Prohibited by Law - Maximum Fine $50"
and that includes the international symbol for no smoking.
- (b) In a place or vehicle in which a smoking section has been designated under AS 18.35.320
, the person in charge of the place or vehicle shall conspicuously display signs that specify the portions of the place
or vehicle in which smoking is allowed by law and in which smoking is prohibited by law.
- (c) A sign required by this section must be at least 18 inches wide and six inches high, with lettering at least 1.25
- (d) The department shall furnish signs required under this section to a person who requests them with the intention of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.