Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 13. Genetic Privacy
- Section 100. Definitions.
previous: Section 30
. Criminal Penalty.
next: Chapter 15
. Disease Control and Threats to Public Health
AS 18.13.100. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "DNA" means deoxyribonucleic acid, including mitochondrial DNA, complementary DNA, and DNA derived from ribonucleic
- (2) "DNA analysis" means DNA or genetic typing and testing to determine the presence or absence of genetic characteristics
in an individual, including tests of nucleic acids or chromosomes in order to diagnose or identify a genetic
characteristic; "DNA analysis" does not include a routine physical measurement, a test for drugs, alcohol, cholesterol,
or the human immunodeficiency virus, a chemical, blood, or urine analysis, or any other diagnostic test that is widely
accepted and in use in clinical practice;
- (3) "genetic characteristic" includes a gene, chromosome, or alteration of a gene or chromosome that may be tested to
determine the existence or risk of a disease, disorder, trait, propensity, or syndrome, or to identify an individual or
a blood relative; "genetic characteristic" does not include family history or a genetically transmitted characteristic
whose existence or identity is determined other than through a genetic test.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.