Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 20. Alaska Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Section 200. Inspections and Examinations.
previous: Section 190
next: Section 210
. Reimbursement For Expenses. [Repealed, Sec. 26 Ch 72 SLA 1998].
AS 17.20.200. Inspections and Examinations.
- (a) The commissioner of environmental conservation or an agent shall have free access at reasonable hours to a factory,
warehouse, or establishment in which foods or cosmetics are manufactured, processed, packed, or held for introduction
into commerce, to enter a vehicle being used to transport or hold these foods or cosmetics in commerce, or to an
aquatic farm in order to
- (1) inspect a factory, warehouse, establishment, vehicle, or aquatic farm to determine if the provisions of the
commissioner's respective portions of this chapter are being violated; and
- (2) secure samples or specimens of a food, aquatic farm product, or cosmetic.
- (b) The commissioner of environmental conservation shall make or have made examinations of samples secured under this
section to determine whether or not a provision of the commissioner's respective portions of this chapter is being
- (c) The commissioner of health and social services has the same powers and duties with respect to drugs and devices as the
commissioner of environmental conservation has with respect to food and cosmetics under (a) and (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.