Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 20. Alaska Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Section 66. Seafood Product Quality Standards and Seals.
previous: Section 65
. Seafood Processing Permits and Plans of Operation.
next: Section 67
. Seafood Processing Research.
AS 17.20.066. Seafood Product Quality Standards and Seals.
- (a) The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute established in AS 16.51
shall design an "inspection" seal that may be used to signify that a seafood product has been packed in compliance with
the requirements of a permit issued under AS 17.20.065
- (b) The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute shall design a "premium quality" seal that may be used to signify that a
seafood product has met the product specifications and standards under (d) of this section.
- (c) The commissioner shall authorize the use of an "inspection" seal for display on seafood products processed by a person
who, at the time the products are processed, holds a permit to operate issued under AS 17.20.065 and who complies with regulations adopted under
- (d) The commissioner, after consultation with the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, shall develop product specifications
and standards for the use of the "premium quality" seal on Alaska seafood products. The commissioner shall authorize a
seafood processor to display a "premium quality" seal on products that qualify for the seal if the processor meets the
requirements of regulations adopted under this chapter and has been issued a permit to operate under AS 17.20.065
- (e) A person may not display a seal under this section without authorization from the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.