Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 52. Fishery Industrial Technology Center
- Section 20. Duties.
previous: Section 10
. Fishery Industrial Technology Center.
next: Section 30
. Fishery Industrial Technology Policy Council.
AS 16.52.020. Duties.
The center shall create employment opportunities in the state's fishing industry and other benefits to the state by
- (1) providing training opportunities to citizens of the state on the most efficient and appropriate technologies for the
harvesting, processing, and conservation of the fishery resources of the state;
- (2) providing information and technical assistance on the adaptation of existing and new technologies to the users of the
fishery resources of the state;
- (3) providing research and development activities to adapt existing technologies to enhance the economic viability of the
- (4) providing research and development activities to create new technologies that will enhance the effectiveness of the
industry, and provide economic benefits to state citizens; and
- (5) encouraging joint projects between industry and government in order to use industrial experience and government
programs to enhance the productivity of the industry.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.