Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 51. Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Section 130. Termination of the Seafood Marketing Assessment.
previous: Section 120
. Seafood Marketing Assessment.
next: Section 140
. Procedures For An Election to Approve or Terminate a Seafood Marketing Assessment.
AS 16.51.130. Termination of the Seafood Marketing Assessment.
- (a) A seafood marketing assessment levied under AS 16.51.120
(b), (c), (d), (e), (h), or (i) shall be terminated by the commissioner of revenue if an election is held under AS 16.51.140
in which the termination is approved by eligible processors who together produce at least 51 percent of the total
value of seafood products produced in Alaska during the calendar year.
- (b) An election under (a) of this section shall be held if
- (1) the proposed election for the termination of the assessment is approved by a majority of the whole membership of the
board at a regularly scheduled meeting; or
- (2) a petition is presented to the director of elections requesting termination of the assessment by eligible processors
who together produce at least 25 percent of the total value of seafood products produced in Alaska during the calendar
- (c) The institute shall provide notice of an election in accordance with AS 16.51.140
within 60 days after receiving notice from the director of elections that a valid petition under (b)(2) of this
section has been received.
- (d) The seafood marketing assessment is terminated on the effective date stated on the ballot.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.