Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 330. Issuance of New Entry Permits; Appropriations Related to Fleet Reduction.
previous: Section 320
. Administration of the Buy-Back Program.
next: Section 335
. - 16.43.339l [Renumbered as AS 16.43.400
AS 16.43.330. Issuance of New Entry Permits; Appropriations Related to Fleet Reduction.
- (a) When the number of outstanding entry permits for a fishery is less than the optimum number established under AS 16.43.290
, the commission shall issue new entry permits to applicants who are presently able to engage actively in the fishery
until the optimum number is reached.
- (b) The commission shall determine equitable methods of issuance, as appropriate, under (a) of this section that assure
the receipt of fair market value for the permits issued.
- (c) If a salmon fishery association qualified under AS 16.40.250 takes part in a fleet reduction program by expending money or
incurring debt to contract with permit holders to relinquish the holders' entry permits under AS 16.43.150 (i), and if this section requires additional permits to be
issued for the same fishery in which the fleet reduction program was implemented, the legislature may appropriate any resulting revenue
to the association for reimbursement of money expended or to retire any outstanding debt incurred for fleet reduction purposes. An
appropriation under this subsection must be made within 30 years after the date the money was expended or debt incurred.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.