Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 100. Duties and General Powers.
previous: Section 80
. Employment of Personnel.
next: Section 105
. Accounting and Disposition of Fees. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 90 SLA 1991. For Current Law, See AS 37.05.142
AS 16.43.100. Duties and General Powers.
- (a) To accomplish the purposes set out in AS 16.43.010
, the commission shall
- (1) regulate entry into the commercial fisheries for all fishery resources in the state;
- (2) establish priorities for the application of the provisions of this chapter to the various commercial fisheries of the
- (3) establish administrative areas suitable for regulating and controlling entry into the commercial fisheries;
- (4) establish, for all types of gear, the maximum number of entry permits for each administrative area;
- (5) designate, when necessary to accomplish the purposes of this chapter, particular species for which separate
interim-use permits or entry permits will be issued;
- (6) establish qualifications for the issuance of entry permits;
- (7) issue entry permits to qualified applicants;
- (8) issue interim-use permits as provided in AS 16.43.210
, 16.43.220, and 16.43.225;
- (9) establish, for all types of gear, the optimum number of entry permits for each administrative area;
- (10) administer the buy-back program provided for in AS 16.43.310
and 16.43.320 to reduce the number of outstanding
entry permits to the optimum number of entry permits;
- (11) provide for the transfer and reissuance of entry permits to qualified transferees;
- (12) provide for the transfer and reissuance of entry permits for alternative types of legal gear, in a manner consistent
with the purposes of this chapter;
- (13) establish and administer the collection of the annual fees provided for in AS 16.43.160
- (14) administer the issuance of commercial fishing vessel licenses under AS 16.05.490
- (15) issue educational entry permits to applicants who qualify under the provisions of AS 16.43.340
- (16) establish reasonable user fees for services;
- (17) issue landing permits under AS 16.05.675
and regulations adopted under that section;
- (18) establish and collect annual fees for the issuance of landing permits that reasonably reflect the costs incurred in
the administration and enforcement of provisions of law related to landing permits;
- (19) establish a moratorium on entry into commercial fisheries as provided in AS 16.43.225
- (20) administer, when necessary to accomplish the purposes of this chapter, a vessel permit system under AS 16.43.450
- (b) The commission may do all things necessary to the exercise of its powers under this chapter, whether or not
specifically designated in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.