Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 299. Definitions.
previous: Section 290
next: Chapter 43
. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
AS 16.40.299. Definitions.
In AS 16.40.260
- (1) "sport fishing guide" means a person who is licensed to provide sport fishing guide services to persons who are
engaged in sport fishing;
- (2) "sport fishing guide services" means assistance, for compensation or with the intent to receive compensation, to a
sport fisherman to take or to attempt to take fish by accompanying or physically directing the sport fisherman in sport
fishing activities during any part of a sport fishing trip; "sport fishing guide services" does not include
- (A) sport fishing services; or
- (B) services provided by an assistant, deckhand, or similar person who works directly under the supervision of and on the
same vessel as a sport fishing guide;
- (3) "sport fishing services" means the indirect provision of assistance, for compensation or with the intent to receive
compensation, to a person engaged in sport fishing in taking or attempting to take fish or shellfish by a business that
employs a sport fishing guide to provide sport fishing guide services to the person during any portion of a sport
fishing trip; "sport fishing services" does not include
- (A) an activity for which a sport fishing guide license is required; or
- (B) booking and other ancillary services provided by a tour broker or agent to a sport fishing services operator.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.