Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 296. Definitions.
previous: Section 295
. Penalty. [Repealed, Sec. 4, E.O. No. 85 (1993)].
next: Section 300
. Declaration of Policy.
AS 16.10.296. Definitions.
In AS 16.10.265
- 16.10.296, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of labor and workforce development;
- (2) "fish" means any species of aquatic finfish, invertebrates and amphibians, shellfish, or any other raw fishery
resource, in any stage of its life cycle, found in or introduced into the state, and includes fish eggs except fish
eggs sold for stock enhancement purposes;
- (3) "fish processor" means a person engaging or attempting to engage in a business for which a license is required under
- (4) "primary fish buyer" means a person, other than a cooperative corporation organized under AS 10.15, engaging or attempting to engage in the business of
originally purchasing or buying any fishery resource in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce.
Article 08. COMMERCIAL FISHING LOAN ACT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.