Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 58. Election Pamphlet
- Section 20. Contents of Pamphlet.
previous: Section 10
. Election Pamphlet.
next: Section 30
. Material to Be Filed By Candidate.
AS 15.58.020. Contents of Pamphlet.
- (a) Each general election pamphlet must contain
- (1) photographs and campaign statements submitted by eligible candidates for elective office in the region;
- (2) information and recommendations filed under AS 15.58.050
on judicial officers subject to a retention election in the region;
- (3) a map of the house district or districts of the region;
- (4) sample ballots for house districts of the region;
- (5) an absentee ballot application;
- (6) for each ballot proposition submitted to the voters by initiative or referendum petition or by the legislature,
- (A) the full text of the proposition specifying constitutional or statutory provisions proposed to be affected;
- (B) the ballot title and the summary of the proposition prepared by the director or by the lieutenant governor;
- (C) a statement of the costs to the state of implementing the law proposed in an initiative, or of voter approval
or rejection of the act that is the subject of a referendum;
- (D) a neutral summary of the proposition prepared by the Legislative Affairs Agency;
- (E) statements submitted that advocate voter approval or rejection of the proposition not to exceed 500 words;
- (7) for each bond question, a statement of the scope of each project as it appears in the bond authorization;
- (8) a maximum of two pages of material submitted by each political party;
- (9) additional information on voting procedures that the lieutenant governor considers necessary;
- (10) for the question whether a constitutional convention shall be called,
- (A) a full statement of the question placed on the ballot;
- (B) statements not to exceed 500 words that advocate voter approval or rejection of the question;
- (11) under AS 37.13.170
, the Alaska permanent fund annual income statement and balance sheet for the two fiscal years preceding the
publication of the election pamphlet.
- (12) under AS 15.10.090 , notice of
- (A) the establishment or abolition of a precinct;
- (B) the designation, abolition, or modification of precinct boundaries; and
- (C) a change in the location of a polling place.
- (b) Each primary election pamphlet shall contain only the information specified in (a)(6) and (a)(9) of this
section for each ballot measure scheduled to appear on the primary election ballot.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.