Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 10. Election Districts, Election Officials, and Redistricting
- Section 90. Notice of Precinct Boundary or Polling Place Designation and Modification.
previous: Section 80
. Dates For Designating Precinct Boundary.
next: Section 100
. Judicial Review of Precinct Boundary.
AS 15.10.090. Notice of Precinct Boundary or Polling Place Designation and Modification.
The director shall give full public notice if a precinct is established or abolished, if the boundaries of a precinct are designated,
abolished, or modified, or if the location of a polling place is changed. Public notice must include
- (1) whenever possible, sending written notice of the change to each affected registered voter in the precinct;
- (2) providing notice of the change
- (A) by publication once in a local newspaper of general circulation in the precinct; or
- (B) if there is not a local newspaper of general circulation in the precinct, by posting written notice in three
conspicuous places as close to the precinct as possible; at least one posting location must be in the precinct;
- (3) posting notice of the change on the Internet website of the division of elections;
- (4) providing notification of the change to the appropriate municipal clerks, community councils, tribal groups,
Native villages, and village regional corporations established under 43 U.S.C. 1606 (Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act); and
- (5) inclusion in the official election pamphlet.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.