Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 25. Nomination of Candidates
- Section 42. Eligibility of a Candidate.
previous: Section 40
. Manner and Date of Filing Declaration.
next: Section 43
. Determination of Residency of a Candidate.
AS 15.25.042. Eligibility of a Candidate.
- (a) If the director receives a complaint regarding the eligibility of a candidate for a particular office, the director
shall determine eligibility under regulations adopted by the director. The director shall determine the eligibility of
the candidate within 30 days of the receipt of the complaint.
- (b) Except as provided in (c) of this section, the director shall determine the eligibility of the candidate by a
preponderance of the evidence.
- (c) If a candidate for the legislature has been registered to vote at any time during the 12 months preceding the filing
of the declaration of candidacy in a district other than the district in which the declaration of candidacy has been
filed, the director may not determine that a candidate is eligible except under a standard of clear and convincing
- (d) A person may not be a resident of two districts at the same time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.