Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 15. Elections and Ballots
- Section 70. Public Notice of Election Required.
previous: Section 60
. Polling Places, Voting Booths, and Supplies.
next: Section 80
. Time For Opening and Closing Polls.
AS 15.15.070. Public Notice of Election Required.
- (a) The director shall give and is authorized to contract to give full public notice of the election. The director may
select a manner reasonably calculated to give actual knowledge of the election to the voters.
- (b) The notice shall be given by publication at least twice in one or more newspapers of general circulation in each of
the four judicial districts. The printed notice must specifically include the date of election, the hours between which
the polling places will be open, the offices to which candidates are to be nominated or elected, and the subject of the
propositions and questions that are to be voted on.
- (c) Public notice shall also be given by posting notices in those communities that do not have newspapers of general
circulation where posting of notice is considered necessary by the director. The posted notice must specifically
include the date of election, the location of the polling places, the hours between which the polling places will be
open, the offices to which candidates are to be nominated or elected, the subject of the propositions and questions
that are to be voted on, and other information considered necessary by the director.
- (d) The first publication, broadcast, or posting of the notice shall be made not less than 10 days before the election.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 15 ch 82 SLA 2000].
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 15 ch 82 SLA 2000].
- (g) The director shall pay the cost of election expenses incurred in giving notice of an election.
- (h) An abbreviated form of the notice published under (b) of this section shall be broadcast on one or more radio or
television stations in each of the four judicial districts. The broadcast notice must include at a minimum the date of
the election, the hours between which the polling places will be open, and the address and phone number of the election
supervisor or supervisors for the judicial district in which the notice is broadcast.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.