(a) An independent expenditure supporting or opposing a candidate for election to public office, except an independent expenditure made by a nongroup entity with an annual operating budget of $250 or less, shall be reported in accordance with AS 15.13.040 and 15.13.100 — 15.13.110 and other requirements of this chapter.
(b) A person who makes independent expenditures for a mass mailing, for distribution of campaign literature of any sort, for a television, radio, newspaper, or magazine advertisement, or any other communication that supports or opposes a candidate for election to public office
(1) shall comply with AS 15.13.090; and
(2) shall place the following statement in the mailing, literature, advertisement, or other communication so that it is readily and easily discernible:
This NOTICE TO VOTERS is required by Alaska law. (I/we) certify that this (mailing/literature/advertisement) is not authorized, paid for, or approved by the candidate.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 15.13.010. Applicability. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.020. Alaska Public Offices Commission.
- Sec. 15.13.030. Duties of the commission.
- Sec. 15.13.040. Contributions, expenditures, and supplying of services to be reported.
- Sec. 15.13.045. Investigations, hearings.
- Sec. 15.13.050. Registration before expenditure.
- Sec. 15.13.052. Independent expenditures; political activities accounts.
- Sec. 15.13.060. Campaign treasurers.
- Sec. 15.13.065. Contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.067. Who may make expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.069. Certain expenditures that comply with charitable gaming provisions permitted.
- Sec. 15.13.072. Restrictions on solicitation and acceptance of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.074. Prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.076. Authorized recipients of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.078. Contributions and loans from the candidate. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.082. Limitations on expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.084. Prohibited expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.086. Authorized makers of expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.090. Identification of communication.
- Sec. 15.13.095. False statements in telephone polling and calls to convince.
- Sec. 15.13.100. Expenditures before filing.
- Sec. 15.13.110. Filing of reports. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.112. Uses of campaign contributions held by candidate or group.
- Sec. 15.13.114. Disposition of prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.116. Disbursement of campaign assets after election. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.140. Independent expenditures for or against ballot proposition or question. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.145. Money of the state and its political subdivisions.
- Sec. 15.13.150. Election educational activities not prohibited.
- Sec. 15.13.155. Restrictions on earned income and honoraria.
- Sec. 15.13.374. Advisory opinion.
- Sec. 15.13.380. Violations; limitations on actions.
- Sec. 15.13.385. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 15.13.390. Civil penalty; late filing of required reports.
- Sec. 15.13.400. Definitions.