Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 78. Contributions and Loans From the Candidate.
previous: Section 76
. Authorized Recipients of Contributions.
next: Section 80
. Statement By or On Behalf of Contributor. [Repealed, Sec. 11 Ch 1 Tssla 2002].
AS 15.13.078. Contributions and Loans From the Candidate.
- (a) The provisions of this chapter do not prohibit the individual who is a candidate from giving any amount of the
candidate's own money or other thing of value to the campaign of the candidate. Donations made by the candidate to the
candidate's own campaign shall be reported as contributions in accordance with AS 15.13.040
- (b) The provisions of this chapter do not prohibit the individual who is a candidate from lending any amount to the
campaign of the candidate. Loans made by the candidate shall be reported as contributions in accordance with AS 15.13.040
and 15.13.110. However, the candidate may not
- (1) recover, under this section and AS 15.13.116
(a)(4), the amount of a loan made by the candidate to the candidate's own campaign that exceeds
- (A) $25,000, if the candidate ran for governor or lieutenant governor;
- (B) $10,000, if the candidate ran for
- (i) the legislature; or
- (ii) delegate to a constitutional convention;
- (C) $10,000, if the candidate was a judge seeking retention;
- (D) $5,000, if the candidate ran in a municipal election; or
- (2) repay a loan that the candidate has made to the candidate's own campaign unless, within five days of making the loan,
the candidate notifies the commission, on a form provided by the commission, of the candidate's intention to repay the
loan under AS 15.13.116
- (c) On and after the date determined under AS 15.13.110
as the last day of the period ending three days before the due date of the report required to be filed under AS 15.13.110
(a)(1) and until the date of the election for which the report is filed, a candidate may not give or loan to the
candidate's campaign the candidate's money or other thing of value of the candidate in an amount that exceeds $5,000.
- (d) The provisions of this section apply only to the individual who is a candidate, as that term is defined by AS 15.13.400
(1)(A), and do not apply to authorize a contribution or loan under this section by an individual described in the
definition of the term "candidate" under AS 15.13.400(1)(B).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.