Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 30. Duties of the Commission.
previous: Section 20
. Alaska Public Offices Commission.
next: Section 40
. Contributions, Expenditures, and Supplying of Services to Be Reported.
AS 15.13.030. Duties of the Commission.
The commission shall
- (1) develop and provide all forms for the reports and statements required to be made under this chapter, AS 24.45, and AS 39.50;
- (2) prepare and publish a manual setting out uniform methods of bookkeeping and reporting for use by persons required to
make reports and statements under this chapter and otherwise assist candidates, groups, and individuals in complying
with the requirements of this chapter;
- (3) receive and hold open for public inspection reports and statements required to be made under this chapter and, upon
request, furnish copies at cost to interested persons;
- (4) compile and maintain a current list of all filed reports and statements;
- (5) prepare a summary of each report filed under AS 15.13.110
and make copies of this summary available to interested persons at their actual cost;
- (6) notify, by registered or certified mail, all persons who are delinquent in filing reports and statements required to
be made under this chapter;
- (7) examine, investigate, and compare all reports, statements, and actions required by this chapter, AS 24.45, and AS 39.50;
- (8) prepare and publish a biennial report concerning the activities of the commission, the effectiveness of this chapter,
its enforcement by the attorney general's office, and recommendations and proposals for change; the commission shall
notify the legislature that the report is available;
- (9) adopt regulations necessary to implement and clarify the provisions of AS 24.45, AS 39.50, and this chapter, subject to the provisions of AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act); and
- (10) consider a written request for an advisory opinion concerning the application of this chapter, AS 24.45, AS 24.60.200
- 24.60.260, or AS 39.50.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.