Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 7. Registration of Voters
- Section 60. Required Registration Information.
previous: Section 55
. Voter Registration Agencies.
next: Section 64
. Information Required For Voter Registration.
AS 15.07.060. Required Registration Information.
- (a) Each applicant who requests registration or reregistration shall supply the following information:
- (1) the applicant's name and sex;
- (2) if issued, the applicant's State of Alaska driver's license number or State of Alaska identification card number, or
the last four digits of the applicant's social security number;
- (3) the applicant's date of birth;
- (4) the applicant's Alaska residence address
- (5) a statement of whether the applicant has previously been registered to vote in another jurisdiction, and, if so, the jurisdiction and
the address of the previous registration;
- (6) a declaration that the applicant will be 18 years of age or older within 90 days after the date of registration;
- (7) a declaration that the applicant is a citizen of the United States;
- (8) the date of application;
- (9) the applicant's signature or mark;
- (10) any former name under which the applicant was registered to vote in the state;
- (11) an attestation that the information provided by the applicant in (1) - (10) of this subsection is true; and
- (12) a certification that the applicant understands that a false statement on the application may make the applicant
subject to prosecution for a misdemeanor under this title or AS 11.
- (b) If the applicant has been previously registered to vote in another jurisdiction, the director shall notify the chief
elections officer in that jurisdiction that the applicant has registered to vote in Alaska and request that that
jurisdiction cancel the applicant's voter registration there.
- (c) Each applicant who requests registration in person before a registration official shall exhibit one form of
identification to the official, including a driver's license, state identification card, current and valid photo
identification, birth certificate, passport, or hunting or fishing license. A registration official who knows the
identity of the applicant may waive the identification requirement.
- (d) If the applicant requests reregistration, the applicant shall supply under oath any former name under which the
applicant was registered to vote in the state.
- (e) For an applicant requesting initial registration by mail or by facsimile or other electronic transmission approved by
the director under AS 15.07.050
, the director shall verify the information provided in compliance with (a)(2) and (3) of this section through state
agency records described in AS 15.07.055
(e). If the applicant cannot comply with the requirement of (a)(2) of this section because the applicant has not been
issued any of the listed numbers, the applicant may instead submit a copy of one of the following forms of
identification: a driver's license, state identification card, current and valid photo identification, birth
certificate, passport, or hunting or fishing license.
- (f) If an applicant who requests registration cannot comply with the requirement of (a)(2) of this section because the
applicant has not been issued any of the listed numbers, the division shall assign the applicant a unique identifying
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.