Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 7. Registration of Voters
- Section 55. Voter Registration Agencies.
previous: Section 50
. Manner of Registration; Party Affiliation.
next: Section 60
. Required Registration Information.
AS 15.07.055. Voter Registration Agencies.
- (a) The following agencies are designated voter registration agencies:
- (1) the administrative component of the Department of Administration that administers motor vehicle and driver's license
- (2) divisions of the Department of Health and Social Services that provide public assistance through the food stamp
program, Medicaid program, Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), and Alaska
temporary assistance program;
- (3) the division of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development that is responsible for municipal and
regional assistance programs; and
- (4) all recruitment offices of the armed forces of the United States located in Alaska.
- (b) The director shall designate state-funded agencies that primarily provide services to persons with disabilities as
voter registration agencies.
- (c) The director may designate other state or local agencies as voter registration agencies. The director may designate a
federal or nongovernmental office as a voter registration agency with the agreement of that office.
- (d) A voter registration agency shall distribute voter registration materials, assist applicants in completing voter
registration forms, and accept and transmit completed voter registration forms to the director in accordance with
regulations adopted by the director to comply with 42 U.S.C. 1973gg (National Voter Registration Act of 1993) and other
requirements of federal law.
- (e) The director shall enter into an agreement with the Department of Administration and the Department of Revenue to
match identifying information provided by a voter who initially registers by mail or by facsimile or other electronic
transmission approved by the director under AS 15.07.050
with existing identification records
- (1) maintained by the administrative component of the Department of Administration that administers motor vehicle and
driver's license laws and by the administrative component of the Department of Revenue that administers the permanent
fund dividend laws; and
- (2) bearing the same identifying number, name, and date of birth provided on the registration.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.