Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 56. State and Community Libraries
- Section 400. Public Libraries.
previous: Section 350
. Public Library Construction Grants. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 124 SLA 1998].
next: Chapter 57
AS 14.56.400. Public Libraries.
- (a) A public library established under this section shall provide at least the following services free of charge to the
residents of the municipality or community:
- (1) establish and maintain a collection of books and other materials for loaning;
- (2) provide access to interlibrary loan services;
- (3) provide reading or other educational programs for children; and
- (4) provide reference information.
- (b) A public library established under this section shall submit an annual report of its operations and the services it
provides to the director of the division that has responsibility for state libraries.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.