Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 415. Eligibility; Priority.
previous: Section 410
. Distribution of Funds.
next: Section 420
. Limitation On Grants.
AS 14.43.415. Eligibility; Priority.
- (a) For an applicant to be eligible for a grant under AS 14.43.400
- 14.43.420, the applicant must be
- (1) a resident of this state;
- (2) enrolled or about to be enrolled
- (A) at an institution approved to participate in federal financial aid programs under 20 U.S.C. 1070 - 1099c-2, as
amended, located in this state; and
- (B) on at least a half-time basis; and
- (3) able to demonstrate financial need in accordance with standards for determining financial need established by the
commission under 20 U.S.C. 1070c-2, as amended.
- (b) The commission shall give an applicant eligible under (a) of this section priority for a grant award if that applicant
is, or is about to be, enrolled in a program of study that is preparatory for employment in an occupation or profession
for which the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, or another workforce data source selected as reliable by
the commission, indicates there is a severe shortage of trained individuals in this state. Additionally, the commission
may give an applicant priority for a grant award if that applicant has participated in a secondary education program of
study that can be demonstrated to the commission to be a predictor for success at the postsecondary education level for
a program of study described in this subsection. For purposes of this subsection,
- (1) "occupation or profession" means a job for which specific postsecondary certification is a prerequisite for
- (2) "severe shortage" means a current or recurring job vacancy rate of 15 percent or greater, as determined by the
Department of Labor and Workforce Development or by another workforce data source determined reliable by the
- (c) The commission shall adopt regulations to establish a prioritization process for awarding grants under AS 14.43.400
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.