Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 826. Board of Directors.
previous: Section 825
. [Renumbered as AS 14.43.305
next: Section 830
. [Renumbered as AS 14.43.310
AS 14.40.826. Board of Directors.
- (a) The powers and responsibilities of the corporation are vested in the board of directors. The board of directors of the
corporation consists of nine members appointed by the governor as follows:
- (1) three state residents who have a significant high level of experience in the private business sector, specializing in
financing or economic development or marketing; two of the state residents appointed under this paragraph shall be residents of the borough where the
launch activities of the corporation occur if qualified candidates residing in the borough are available;
- (2) the president or the designee of the president of the University of Alaska;
- (3) the director or designee of the Geophysical Institute of the University of Alaska;
- (4) the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development or the commissioner's designee;
- (5) two members who have held or currently hold positions in the aerospace or commercial space industry or special
experience regarding federal regulatory procedures and policies involving space or operational experience; members with
aerospace experience may not exceed one; and
- (6) a public school educator or a public member.
- (b) The members of the board of directors of the corporation described in (a)(5) of this section may be nonresidents of
the state. The term of the members described in (a)(1), (5) and (6) of this section is four years and those terms shall
- (c) Members of the board of directors of the corporation described in (a)(1), (5) and (6) of this section receive $100
compensation for each day spent on official business of the corporation.
- (d) In addition to the members of the board of directors described in (a) of this section, two members of the legislature
shall serve as ex officio nonvoting members of the board of directors. The two ex officio nonvoting members shall
include one member of the senate appointed by the president of the senate and one member of the house appointed by the
speaker of the house.
- (e) The voting and nonvoting members of the board of directors of the corporation are entitled to per diem and travel
expenses authorized under AS 39.20.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.