Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 310. Selection.
previous: Section 305
. Repayment of Loans.
next: Section 315
. Discrimination Prohibited. [Repealed, Sec. 42 Ch 85 SLA 2001].
AS 14.43.310. Selection.
- (a) In selecting from among eligible applicants a person who will be granted a loan under AS 14.43.250
- 14.43.325, the administering authority shall
consider the following:
- (1) the applicant's career goals and aspirations;
- (2) the applicant's prior academic record;
- (3) the financial need of the applicant; and
- (4) other items that may be considered relevant by the administering authority to determine whether an applicant will
receive a loan.
- (b) To assist the administering authority in selecting eligible applicants for award of each of the memorial education
loans under AS 14.43.250 - 14.43.325 and in reviewing the memorial education loan
program, the following advisory committees are established:
- (1) three Alaska state troopers, each one to be selected from and to represent a state trooper region of the state by the
regional commander to serve for three years, for the Michael Murphy memorial education loan;
- (2) [Repealed, Sec. 24 ch 22 SLA 2001].
- (3) three members of the state Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors selected annually by
the board from among its engineer members, for the Harvey Golub memorial education loan; and
- (4) three members of the state Board of Education and Early Development, or of the staff of the Department of Education
and Early Development, or any combination of these, selected annually by the board, for the Robert L. Thomas memorial
- (c) In selecting from among eligible applicants for award of a memorial education loan under AS 14.43.250
(b)(5), the administering authority shall give preference to applicants nominated by private donors to the A.W. (Winn)
Brindle memorial education loan account in the memorial education revolving loan fund.
- (d) In selecting from among eligible applicants for award of a memorial education loan under AS 14.43.250
(b)(6), the administering authority shall give preference to applicants nominated by the board members of the Nick
Begich Scholarship Intern Fund, Inc.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.