Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 88. Establishment of Institute For Circumpolar Health Studies.
previous: Section 87
. Alaska Center For International Business. [Repealed, Sec. 3 Ch 43 SLA 1987].
next: Section 90
. Correspondence Courses For Prospectors and Miners.
AS 14.40.088. Establishment of Institute For Circumpolar Health Studies.
- (a) The University of Alaska shall establish an Institute for Circumpolar Health Studies in an appropriate unit of the
university at its Anchorage campus. The institute shall consist of a research and instruction branch and an
administration and information branch.
- (b) The institute shall
- (1) encourage international cooperation, especially among circumpolar nations, with regard to research, studies,
information, and instruction relating to circumpolar health issues;
- (2) serve as a center for the collection and exchange of information and medical and health sciences data relating to
circumpolar health issues;
- (3) provide a mechanism for communication and cooperation between the university and the commissioner of health and social
services in addressing the needs of Alaskans for health care services, opportunities for education in medical and
health sciences, and other mutual concerns of the university and the department; and
- (4) conduct research and provide instruction and other services consistent with the mission and goals of the University of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.