Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 40. General Powers and Duties of the University.
previous: Section 30
. Transfer of Powers, Duties, and Obligations of Agricultural College and School of Mines Under Acts of Congress.
next: Section 43
. University of Alaska Office of Public Safety.
AS 14.40.040. General Powers and Duties of the University.
- (a) There is created and established a corporation to be called the University of Alaska. It may in that name
- (1) sue and be sued;
- (2) receive and hold real and personal property;
- (3) contract and be contracted with; a contract entered into by the University of Alaska for the
- (A) rent or lease of premises for use and occupancy by the University of Alaska is subject to AS 36.30.080
(c); however, notwithstanding the limitation imposed by AS 36.30.080
(c)(2), the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska
- (i) may enter into a lease with a term described in (ii) of this subparagraph if the rent under the lease will be paid
solely from a grant or contract made by the federal government or an agency of the federal government, and the grant or
contract contains a firm commitment of not more than two years, or if the rent payable under the lease will be paid
solely from university receipts as that term is defined in AS 14.40.491
- (ii) when authorized by (i) of this subparagraph, may enter into a lease with an initial term equal to the period of the
firm commitment of the grant or contract, or with an initial term not to exceed two years when the rent is payable from
university receipts; the lease may contain one or more optional renewal periods, but the total of all optional renewal
periods may not exceed an additional five years;
- (B) acquisition of property by a lease-purchase or lease-financing agreement for the benefit of the University of Alaska
is subject to AS 36.30.085;
- (4) adopt, use, and alter a corporate seal;
- (5) borrow money, issue debt, or enter into long-term obligations for the purchase of facilities, goods, or services; the
obligations may secure, in whole or in part, debt issued by another party;
- (6) do and have done all matters necessary for the purpose of any function set out in this chapter.
- (b) The Board of Regents of the University of Alaska shall provide scholarship information to school districts as required
by AS 14.43.930(a).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.