Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 33. School Safety and Discipline
- Section 20. Organization of a Patrol.
previous: Section 10
. Requirements For School Safety Patrols.
next: Section 30
. Duties of a Patrol.
AS 14.33.020. Organization of a Patrol.
- (a) If a school board, or a private or denominational school determines that a safety patrol should be established for a
school, the principal of the school shall appoint pupils in the school to serve as members of the patrol.
- (b) A pupil may not be appointed a patrol member unless the pupil's parents or guardian give written consent to the
pupil's membership in the patrol.
- (c) The principal shall designate a teacher or teachers in the school to supervise the operation of the patrol.
- (d) The principal shall consult with the local law enforcement authority to determine those locations adjacent to the
school where the patrol may be most advantageously used.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.