Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 500. Adventure-Based Education Program.
previous: Section 420
. Native Language Education.
next: Section 510
. Alaska Student Leadership Development Fund. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 42 SLA 1997].
AS 14.30.500. Adventure-Based Education Program.
An adventure-based education program is a program designed to bring adventure-based education to high school students
and appropriate juvenile offenders. A program shall include provisions for the following phases:
- (1) Phase I: Basic Skills Learning
- (A) physical conditioning: running, hiking, swimming, and other related activities;
- (B) technical training: the use of specialized tools and equipment, camping, cooking, map reading, navigation, life
saving, drown proofing, and solo survival;
- (C) safety training: first aid skills, emergency care, preventive medicine, nutrition, health, and personal hygiene care;
- (D) team training: rescue techniques, evacuation exercises, and fire fighting;
- (E) solo: solitary living for a short period with minimal equipment;
- (F) interpersonal skills training: coping skills, individual and group problem solving, and societal communication skills;
- (G) culturally relevant activities: traditional modes of subsistence living, travelling and surviving in wilderness areas
and communities in Alaska, and cross-cultural experiences.
- (2) Phase II: Skills Generalization
- (A) vocational counseling and placement;
- (B) family and interpersonal counseling;
- (C) community systems utilization:
- (i) transportation,
- (ii) community services systems,
- (iii) community problem solving.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.