Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 420. Native Language Education.
previous: Section 410
. Bilingual-Bicultural Education Funds.
next: Section 500
. Adventure-Based Education Program.
AS 14.30.420. Native Language Education.
- (a) A school board shall establish a local Native language curriculum advisory board for each school in the district in
which a majority of the students are Alaska Natives and any school district with Alaska Native students may establish a
local Native language curriculum advisory board for each school with Alaska Native students in their district. If the
local Native language curriculum advisory board recommends the establishment of a Native language education curriculum
for a school, the school board may initiate and conduct a Native language education curriculum within grades K through
12 at that school. The program, if established, must include Native languages traditionally spoken in the community in
which the school is located. Each school board conducting a program of Native language education shall implement the
program as a part of regular classroom studies and shall use
- (1) instructors who are certified under AS 14.20.020
or 14.20.025; and
- (2) to the maximum extent possible
- (A) instructors and instructional materials available through the University of Alaska; and
- (B) audio-visual, computer, and satellite technology.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "district" has the meaning given in AS 14.17.990
- (2) "Native" means a person of one-fourth degree or more Alaskan Indian, Eskimo, or Aleut blood.
Article 10. ADVENTURE-BASED EDUCATION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.