Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 10. Retirement System Established; Federal Qualification Requirements.
previous: Section 9
. Applicability of AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220
next: Section 12
. Purpose and Effective Date.
AS 14.25.010. Retirement Plan Established; Federal Qualification Requirements.
- (a) A joint-contributory retirement plan for teachers of the state is created.
- (b) The retirement plan established by AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 is intended to qualify under 26 U.S.C. 401(a)
and 414(d) (Internal Revenue Code) as a qualified retirement plan established and maintained by the state for its employees, for the
employees of school districts and regional educational attendance areas in the state, and for the employees of other
employers whose participation is authorized by AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 and who participate in this plan.
- (c) An amendment to AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 does not provide a person with a vested right to
a benefit if the Internal Revenue Service determines that the amendment will result in disqualification of the plan under the Internal
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.