Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 18. Prohibition Against Discrimination Based On Sex or Race in Public Education
- Section 90. Enforcement By Board of Education and Early Development.
previous: Section 80
next: Section 100
AS 14.18.090. Enforcement By Board of Education and Early Development.
- (a) The board shall enforce compliance by school districts and regional educational attendance areas with the provisions
of this chapter and the regulations and procedures adopted under it by appropriate order made in accordance with AS 44.62. After a hearing conducted by the office of administrative
hearings (AS 44.64.010
) and a finding by the board that a district or a regional educational attendance area is not in compliance with this
chapter and is not actively working to come into compliance, the board shall institute appropriate proceedings to abate
the practices found by the board to be a violation of this chapter.
- (b) After a finding by the board that a district or regional educational attendance area has not complied with AS 14.18.020
- 14.18.070, and that the measures taken under (a) of
this section have been ineffective, the board shall withhold state funds in accordance with AS 14.07.070
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.