Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 505. Fund Balance in School Operating Fund.
previous: Section 500
. Student Count Estimate.
next: Section 510
. Determination of Full and True Value By Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development.
AS 14.17.505. Fund Balance in School Operating Fund.
- (a) A district may not accumulate in a fiscal year an unreserved portion of its year-end fund balance in its school
operating fund, as defined by department regulations, that is greater than 10 percent of its expenditures for that
- (b) The department shall review each district's annual audit under AS 14.14.050 for the preceding fiscal year to ascertain its
year-end operating fund balance. The amount by which the unreserved portion of that balance exceeds the amount
permitted in (a) of this section shall be deducted from the state aid that would otherwise be paid to the district in
the current fiscal year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.