Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 7. Administration of Public Schools
- Section 145. Commissioner of Education and Early Development.
previous: Section 140
. Commissioner Administers Department. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 96 SLA 1967].
next: Section 150
. Budget and Fiscal Authority.
AS 14.07.145. Commissioner of Education and Early Development.
- (a) The board shall appoint the commissioner of education and early development subject to the approval of the governor.
The commissioner shall be the principal executive officer of the department.
- (b) The commissioner shall be appointed without regard to political affiliation and shall have at least a master's degree
with five years' experience in the field of education since receiving it, with at least three of the five years in an
exclusively administrative position.
- (c) The commissioner serves at the pleasure of the board and may not be appointed by the board for a fixed term.
- (d) The commissioner shall receive the salary set out in AS 39.20.080
- (e) The commissioner shall employ and remove all classified personnel in the department subject to AS 39.25 (State Personnel Act). The commissioner may employ and remove
personnel in the exempt or partially exempt service subject to the approval of the board. Personnel in the exempt or
partially exempt service have a right of appeal to the board if they are removed.
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 5 ch 14 SLA 1996].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.