Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 265. Admission.
previous: Section 263
. Charter School Grant Program. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 2003].
next: Section 270
. Teacher or Employee Transfers, Evaluations, and Negotiated Agreements.
AS 14.03.265. Admission.
- (a) The program of a charter school may be designed to serve
- (1) students within an age group or grade level;
- (2) students who will benefit from a particular teaching method or curriculum; or
- (3) nonresident students, including providing domiciliary services for students who need those services, if approved by
- (b) A charter school shall enroll all eligible students who submit a timely application, unless the number of those
applications exceeds the capacity of the program, class, grade level, or building. In the event of an excess of those
applications, the charter school and the local school board shall attempt to accommodate all of those applicants by
considering providing additional classroom space and assigning additional teachers from the district to the charter
school. If it is not possible to accommodate all eligible students who submit a timely application, students shall be
accepted by random drawing. A school board may not require a student to attend a charter school.
- (c) In addition to other requirements of law, a charter school shall be nonsectarian.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.