Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 260. Funding For Charter School.
previous: Section 255
. Organization and Operation of a Charter School.
next: Section 263
. Charter School Grant Program. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 2003].
AS 14.03.260. Funding For Charter School.
- (a) A local school board shall provide an approved charter school with an annual program budget. The budget shall be not
less than the amount generated by the students enrolled in the charter school less administrative costs retained by the
local school district, determined by applying the indirect cost rate approved by the Department of Education and Early
Development. The "amount generated by students enrolled in the charter school" is to be determined in the same manner
as it would be for a student enrolled in another public school in that school district.
- (b) The program budget of a charter school is to be used for operating expenses of the educational program of the charter
school, including purchasing textbooks, classroom materials, and instructional aids.
- (c) The charter school shall provide the financial and accounting information requested by the local school board or the
Department of Education and Early Development and shall cooperate with the local school district or the department in
complying with the requirements of AS 14.17.910
- (d) The expenses of housing nonresident students who attend the charter school, including room, board, and other
reasonable housing expenses, may not be paid for with state money but may be paid for with funds contributed by sources
other than the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.