Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 110. Questionnaires and Surveys Administered in Public Schools.
previous: Section 105
. Search of School Lockers.
next: Section 115
. Access to School Records By Parent, Foster Parent, or Guardian.
AS 14.03.110. Questionnaires and Surveys Administered in Public Schools.
- (a) A school district, principal or other person in charge of a public school, or teacher in a public school may not
administer or permit to be administered in a school a questionnaire or survey, whether anonymous or not, that inquires
into personal or private family affairs of the student not a matter of public record or subject to public observation
unless written permission is obtained from the student's parent or legal guardian.
- (b) For an anonymous questionnaire or survey, written permission required under (a) of this section may be obtained
annually and is valid until the commencement of the subsequent school year or until the parent or legal guardian who
gave permission submits a written withdrawal of permission to the school principal. The school shall provide each
student's parent or legal guardian at least two weeks' notice before administering a questionnaire or survey described
under this subsection.
- (c) If a school administers to a student a questionnaire or survey that is not anonymous, the school shall obtain the
written permission required under (a) of this section from the student's parent or legal guardian at least two weeks
before the questionnaire or survey is administered.
- (d) The school shall give a student's parent or guardian an opportunity to review the questionnaire or survey described
under (b) or (c) of this section and shall give the parent or guardian written notice regarding
- (1) how the questionnaire or survey will be administered to the student;
- (2) how the results of the survey or questionnaire will be used; and
- (3) who will have access to the questionnaire or survey.
- (e) A student may refuse to participate in a questionnaire or survey administered in a public school. A student's parent
or legal guardian may refuse to allow the student to participate in a specified questionnaire or survey.
- (f) In this section, "questionnaire or survey" means a list of questions to, or information collected from, a class or
group of students.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.