Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 105. Search of School Lockers.
previous: Section 100
. Use of School Facilities.
next: Section 110
. Questionnaires and Surveys Administered in Public Schools.
AS 14.03.105. Search of School Lockers.
- (a) Subject to (b) of this section, a locker or other container provided in a school by the school or the school district
may be searched and examined with the permission of the chief administrative officer of the school or the school
district or the designee of the chief administrative officer to determine compliance with school regulations, school
district regulations, and local, state, and federal laws. A search or examination under this section may not be more
intrusive than reasonably necessary to meet the objectives of the search.
- (b) Notices in letters at least two inches high stating the right and the intention of school and school district officers
to permit searches and examinations under (a) of this section shall be posted in prominent locations throughout a
- (c) Nothing in this section limits the ability of a peace officer, chief administrative officer, or other appropriate
person, acting in compliance with local, state, or federal laws, to search a locker or other container provided in a
public or private school by the school district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.