Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 60. Elementary, Junior High, and Secondary Schools.
previous: Section 50
. School Holidays.
next: Section 70
. School Age.
AS 14.03.060. Elementary, Junior High, and Secondary Schools.
- (a) An elementary school consists of grades kindergarten through grade eight or any appropriate combination of grades
within this range.
- (b) A secondary school consists of grades seven through 12 or any appropriate combination of grades within this range. The
establishment of one or two grades beyond the 12th grade is optional with the governing body of the school district.
- (c) Grades seven through eight, nine, and ten or any appropriate combination of grades within this range may be organized
as a junior high school.
- (d) This section does not prevent a high school from issuing a diploma to a student who has completed the 12th grade.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.