Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 50. School Holidays.
previous: Section 40
. Day in Session.
next: Section 60
. Elementary, Junior High, and Secondary Schools.
AS 14.03.050. School Holidays.
- (a) Public schools may not be in session on school holidays, which are Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day immediately
following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Memorial Day, and the Fourth of July. If one of these
holidays falls on a Saturday, the Friday immediately preceding is a school holiday. If one of these holidays falls on
a Sunday, the Monday immediately following is a school holiday. A teacher may not be required to perform employment
services on these holidays, nor may the salary of a teacher be diminished because the teacher does not perform
employment services on a school holiday.
- (b) The public schools shall be in session on all other holidays falling upon school days and shall conduct appropriate
exercises in recognition of the day.
- (c) The governing body of the school district may declare additional holidays.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.