Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 100. Validity and Effect of Transfer.
previous: Section 90
. Single Custodianship.
next: Section 110
. Care of Custodial Property.
AS 13.46.100. Validity and Effect of Transfer.
- (a) The validity of a transfer made in a manner prescribed in this chapter is not affected by
- (1) failure of the transferor to comply with AS 13.46.080
(c) concerning possession and control;
- (2) designation of an ineligible custodian, except designation of the transferor in the case of property for which the
transferor is ineligible to serve as custodian under AS 13.46.080
- (3) death or incapacity of a person nominated under AS 13.46.020
or designated under AS 13.46.080
as custodian or the disclaimer of the office by that person.
- (b) A transfer made under AS 13.46.080
is irrevocable, and the custodial property is indefeasibly vested in the minor, but the custodian has all the rights,
powers, duties, and authority provided in this chapter, and neither the minor nor the minor's legal representative has
any right, power, duty, or authority with respect to the custodial property except as provided in this chapter.
- (c) By making a transfer, the transferor incorporates in the disposition all the provisions of this chapter and grants to
the custodian, and to a third person dealing with a person designated as custodian, the respective powers, rights, and
immunities provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.