Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 20. Nomination of Custodian.
previous: Section 10
. Scope and Jurisdiction.
next: Section 30
. Transfer By Gift or Exercise of Power of Appointment.
AS 13.46.020. Nomination of Custodian.
- (a) A person having the right to designate the recipient of property transferable upon the occurrence of a future event
may revocably nominate a custodian to receive the property for a minor beneficiary upon the occurrence of the event by
naming the custodian followed in substance by the words: "as custodian for __________ (name of minor) under the Alaska
Uniform Transfers to Minors Act." The nomination may name one or more persons as substitute custodians to whom the
property must be transferred, in the order named, if the first nominated custodian dies before the transfer or is
unable, declines, or is ineligible to serve. The nomination may be made in a will, a trust, a deed, an instrument
exercising a power of appointment, or a writing designating a beneficiary of contractual rights that is registered with
or delivered to the payor, issuer, or other obligor of the contractual rights.
- (b) A custodian nominated under this section must be a person to whom a transfer of property of that kind may be made
under AS 13.46.080
- (c) The nomination of a custodian under this section does not create custodial property until the nominating instrument
becomes irrevocable or a transfer to the nominated custodian is completed under AS 13.46.080. Unless the nomination of a custodian has been
revoked, upon the occurrence of the future event the custodianship becomes effective and the custodian shall enforce a
transfer of the custodial property under AS 13.46.080
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.