Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 40. Transfer Authorized By Will or Trust.
previous: Section 30
. Transfer By Gift or Exercise of Power of Appointment.
next: Section 50
. Other Transfer By Fiduciary.
AS 13.46.040. Transfer Authorized By Will or Trust.
- (a) A personal representative or trustee may make an irrevocable transfer under AS 13.46.080
to a custodian for the benefit of a minor as authorized in the governing will or trust.
- (b) If the testator or settlor has nominated a custodian under AS 13.46.020 to receive the custodial property, the transfer
must be made to that person.
- (c) If the testator or settlor has not nominated a custodian under AS 13.46.020, or all persons so nominated as custodian die
before the transfer or are unable, decline, or are ineligible to serve, the personal representative or the trustee, as
the case may be, shall designate the custodian from among those eligible to serve as custodian for property of that
kind under AS 13.46.080
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.