Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 45. Trust Proceedings; Matters Relating to Foreign Trusts.
previous: Section 43
. Change of Situs to Alaska.
next: Section 50
. Court; Concurrent Jurisdiction of Litigation Involving Trusts and Third Parties.
AS 13.36.045. Trust Proceedings; Matters Relating to Foreign Trusts.
- (a) The court will not, over the objection of a party, entertain proceedings under AS 13.36.035
involving a trust registered or having its principal place of administration in another state, unless
- (1) all appropriate parties could not be bound by litigation in the courts of the state where the trust is registered or
has its principal place of administration;
- (2) the interests of justice otherwise would seriously be impaired; or
- (3) the trust satisfies AS 13.36.035
- (b) The court may condition a stay or dismissal of a proceeding under this section on any party's consent to jurisdiction
of the state in which the trust is registered or has its principal place of business, or the court may grant a
continuance or enter any other appropriate order.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.