Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 43. Change of Situs to Alaska.
previous: Section 40
. Trust Proceedings; Venue.
next: Section 45
. Trust Proceedings; Matters Relating to Foreign Trusts.
AS 13.36.043. Change of Situs to Alaska.
- (a) The situs of a foreign trust is moved to this state when the trust satisfies the conditions listed in AS 13.36.035
(c)(1) - (4) and a qualified person serving as trustee registers the trust under AS 13.36.010.
- (b) If the situs of a foreign trust is moved to this state as provided in this section, a provision in the trust that
restricts the transfer of trust assets in a manner similar to AS 34.40.110
, that allows the trust to be perpetual, or that is not expressly prohibited by the law of this state is effective and
enforceable under the laws of this state.
- (c) A foreign trust that moves its situs to this state is valid whether or not the trust complied with the laws of this
state at the time of its creation or after its creation.
- (d) In this section, "foreign trust" means a trust that is created in another state or country and that is valid in that
state or country.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.